Gone are the days when ethnic wear was looked down upon in the office. Office wear kurtis have surpassed the regular western formals and are, now, the most popular formal wear option for Indian women.
Maybe you’re working as an IT professional with a desk job or as a marketing professional who has to do a lot of travelling or maybe you’re in HR, your office wardrobe is all sorted with a few office wear kurtis.
There are several awesome designs and styles available in a variety of fabrics.
Most popular fabrics for Office Wear Kurtis
- Cotton: Of course, cotton has to be there. It’s one of the few fabrics that beat the Indian summer. The hot and humid weather calls for such a beautiful, easy to manage, and breathable fabric for the rescue.
- Rayon: Rayon is second in line when it comes to office wear kurtis. The fabric has a slight shine to it and it’s extremely soft. Both the factors make it an ideal office wear fabric.
- Dupion: The third most popular fabric for formal kurtis is, of course, dupion. Dupion is so far the ruling fabric in the ethnic wear industry after georgette. But for formal wear, dupion easily beats the georgette and stands out because of the shine and grace of the dupion kurtis.
- Art Silk: The fourth in the list is art silk, which is a fabric very close to dupion. It’s different. It’s rougher than dupion silk. But it’s good, anyway.
- Georgette: Lastly, we have georgette. Even though it’s the king of fabrics at present, it isn’t very popular for office wear kurtis. We believe the major reason could be that georgette kurtis look fancy which is opposite to what you need with formal wear. It’s also more expensive than fabrics like cotton, rayon, dupion, and art silk.
There you have the top five fabrics for office wear kurtis. What about the styles? What styles work the most?
Top Office Wear Kurtis Styles
Undoubtedly, solid kurtis are the safest option for office wear kurtis. If you’re not sure about the acceptance of ethnic wear as formal wear in your workspace, you better stick to solid kurtis. They are just plain and formal. End of story.
2. Printed Kurtis
Honestly, just saying printed kurtis doesn’t do the job. Printed kurtis come in all forms – office wear kurtis, party wear and casual wear. How would you find out which one is which?
It mostly depends on your judgement. The basic printed kurtis which have subtle light colored prints on them mostly go as office wear kurtis. Small print size also matters. Stripes printed kurtis are also a nice option when it comes to printed office wear kurtis.
3. Buttoned Kurtis
Buttons are very popular when it comes to office wear kurtis. There are many style options when it comes to kurtis with buttons. You can have a regular and basic shirt style kurti which is a button down shirt made longer to look like an ethnic kurti. You can have a normal straight kurti with buttons as embellishments on the side or center of the neck design. The possibilities are endless.
4. Different shapes
When you talk about office wear kurtis styles, you can always experiment with different shapes but we suggest you to avoid Anarkali kurtis as much as possible. Apart from that, you can easily trust straight kurtis and A-line kurtis.
Those are the top office wear kurtis styles that are popular at present.
If you are looking for formal kurtis and want to buy office wear kurtis online, you can definitely trust Brijraj for our collection is high-quality and we allow you to buy readymade kurtis at affordable prices. Worry no more. Think no more. Just shop now!